Monday 9 March 2009

Weekend Projects

This was my weekend...


All photos by me.

Clockwise from top right:
  • A quote designed and framed for my desk, a further copy in a different colour sent in pdf to a friend in the US.
  • My first ever attempt at pillows was a roaring success using this tutorial and these photos as inspiration.
  • A small stack of tissue holders which I have been making to practice my sewing skills.
  • My Friday flowers - white tulips and pink hyacinths to encourage spring to creep a little closer.
I also made puff pastry for the first time, completely by accident. If this recipe had mentioned that the pastry was puff I would never even have tried it (too fiddly, I can't make puff pastry, I'll just buy it or substitute short crust etc.) But I did it and it was glorious. As suggested I served it with mustard vinaigrette doused green veg, but tender stem broccoli instead of beans as that is what I had in the fridge.

It was a good cooking weekend. Sunday night also saw a storming pasta in a creamy sauce of homemade pesto with chargrilled asparagus and a caprese salad on the side.

Roll on next weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment