Thursday 28 May 2009

A New Clutch

We have a new clutch!

While I love my little clutch, it just wasn't quite big enough for anything more than the essentials. So when I made the embroidered clutches I made them 5cm larger. But I just couldn't leave the design alone and this is the result.


Same foldover style, now with a detachable wrist strap. The vintage button and pale pink elastic loop keep it securely closed.


Oh, and I added a neat little exterior pocket perfect for keys or a slim mobile.


I love the natural handmade cotton exterior, so summery, but it needed some colour so the lining is a bright modern floral (the exterior pocket is lined with the same material).


A close up of the wrist strap and the lovely handmade cotton. You can just see the edge of the exterior pocket as well.

This is a prototype (so I get to keep it!) and I will be taking for a test run tonight at a new bar. I am so pleased with it. Even though it was a complete nightmare to put together. There is a lot of unpicking when you are putting a new design together. Especially when you keep leaving elements out by mistake (front pocket? D ring?). But it turned out really well in the end and will be a cinch to put together next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment